This interesting information originally appeared in a Honda Service Manual dated 1971
- The overhead cam design enables a quiet operation and constant high output over a broad speed range starting at slow speed with very little effort.
- Incorporation of the oil damper tyre cam chain tensioner automatically maintains the proper tension and minimizes the chain noise, further, chain adjustment is unnecessary.
- Riding is simplified by the use of the automatic clutch which is interconnected with the gear change pedal.
- Metal screen and centrifugal filter assures only clean oil to lubricate the critical moving parts.
- Foldable handle bar makes strong in narrow space possible.
- Frame is welded pipe backbone design having a double channel welded to a single main pipe to reduce weight.
- To prevent spillage of fuel during transportation fuel shut off valves are provided in the filler cap and the carburetor.
|GENERAL EXPORT TYPE||U. S. A. TYPE|
(From No. F. 120001)
|U. S. A. TYPE|
(From No. F. 270236)
|Overall length||1.270 mm (50.0 in)||1.280 mm (50.4 in)|
|Overall width||635 mm (25.0 in)||590 mm (23.2 in)|
|Overall height||1,000 (39.4 in)||860 mm (33.9 in)|
|Wheel base||880 mm (34.7 in)|
|Min. ground clearance||170 mm (6.7 in)|
|Curb weight||49 kg ( 108 lbs)||50 kg (110 lbs)||53.5 kg (118 lbs)|
|Suspension (F)||Telescopic fork|
|Suspension ®||Rigid frame|
|Fuel tank capacity||2.5 lit. (0.7 U. S. gal., 0.6 Imp. gal.)|
|Trail||40 mm (1.57 in)|
|Tire size and air pressure (F & R)||3.50-8, 1.0 kg/cm2 (14.2 psi)|
|Cylinder layout||Single, tilt up 10° from horizontal|
|Valve arrangement||OHV, overhead camshaft|
|Bore and stroke||39 x 41.4 mm (1.535 x 1.630 in)|
|Displacement||49 cc (3.0 cu-in)|
|Oil Capacity||0.8 lit. (1.7 U. S. pt., 1.4 Imp. pt.)|
|Lubrication||Pressure lubrication & wet sump|
|Oil filters||Centrifugal and screen mesh|
|Starting method||Kick starter|
|Max. speed||45 kph (28 mph)|
|Max. torque||0.31 kg-m/4,200 rpm (2.2 ft-lb/4,200 rpm)|
|Max. output||1.95 ps /5,000 rpm|
|Fuel consumption||70 km/lit. at 20 kph (165 mile U. S. gal.,|
198 mile/Imp. gal. at 12 mph)
|Min. turning cycle||2.6 m (8.6 ft)|
|Braking distance||3.5 m at 20 kph (11.5 ft. at 12 mph)|
|Spark plug||NGK C-6 H or ND U20FS|